Currently EarthCape has following integrations implemented.
Publishing datasets directly to GBIF
- EarthCApe Project is the entity that corresponds to GBIF Organization. Publisher key needs to be obtained after becoming a GBIF publisher. The key can also be set for each project individually.
- API user for EarthCape system. You need contact GBIF to request publishing permissions for a user on behalf of your organization.
- Set GBIF API (http://api.gbif.org/v1/ or http://api.gbif-uat.org/v1/ for testing)
- Create GBIF installation key directly from EarthCape settings page
- Specify endpoint where the DwC-A files are stored.
Pushing a dataset to GBIF:
After all settings are in there are 2 steps remaining:
- deposit a DwC archive file using "GBIF Store Dwc-A" command. And make sure it is accessible at the endpoint specified in Settings.
- Publish to GBIF using "GBIF publish" command.
If executed successfully GBIF citation and identifier from GBIF are stored for the dataset.
Here is the process demonstrated in EarthCape Windows Client:
Here is the process demonstrated in EarthCape Web Client:
Taxonomic names checking
Darwin Core Archive export
This adds a variant option in the tool bar that allows switching from EarthCape default view to Darwin Core formatted view:
Switching to this view also enables Darwin Core Archive export option in the menu:
Unit object model GBIF node under OwnMembers. Setting IsDwcDynamicProperty=True for the desired model member will include it in the json output for dynamicProperties field.